Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast.,
pr. Central, 59A,
International Department is the University basic structural unit subordinate to the rector. It provides educational process for foreign students in various forms of education and at different educational and qualification levels, as well as pre-university (pre-professional) training of foreign citizens for admission to higher educational institutions in basic specialities at universities of Ukraine.
International Department (established on the basis of the Department of Foreign Citizens Training in 2011 by the order of the rector and by the decision of the Academic Council of the University) is a unit of Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University.
The main activities of the Department are:
• organizing the educational process for foreign citizens in various specialities, different forms of training (full-time, part-time, external) at different educational levels;
• organizing events jointly with procuring agencies on a contractual basis to attract foreign students to study at the University;
• providing pre-university training for foreign citizens, basis of which is study of Ukrainian (Russian) and other subjects according to the curricula and programmes recommended by the teaching commission for preparation of foreign citizens of MES of Ukraine and approved by the Ministry of Education of Ukraine.
• providing passport and visa regimes of foreign citizens;
• providing certificates of completion of training and services on legalization and nostrification of academic certificates of foreign students;
• promoting cultural and spiritual development, educating foreign students on the principles of humanism, tolerance and political correctness in dealing with the citizens of Ukraine and respect to the Constitution of Ukraine;
• conducting educational and cultural work with foreign students, familiarizing them with the generally accepted standards of behaviour, laws of Ukraine, regulatory legal acts defining the legal status of foreign citizens in Ukraine and with the Statute, the internal regulations at the University and internal regulations in dormitories;
• organizing leisure of foreign students during the holidays, and extra-curricular activities during the academic year.
• working with national associations of foreign citizens.