Head of the International Cooperation Department
Seredina Olena Hryhorivna
+38 050 9390265
One of the key conditions for sustainable development of Ukraine is strengthening its international position. Universities are among the most powerful engines of social and economic development, they can lead Ukraine into the world community. Building on existing contacts with international partners and establishing new ones, V. Dahl EUNU solves complex tasks related to teaching, methodical, research work, strengthening human resources, and developing the University’s facilities. International activity of V. Dahl EUNU is aimed at ensuring its integration into international university community and obtaining additional opportunities for accelerated development within the Bologna process and European integration.
The main goal of V. Dahl EUNU International Cooperation Department is to create a positive international image of the University, support and develop foreign relations in education and research, social and cultural spheres. In summary, tasks of the University and the International Cooperation Department include the following points:
- Collaboration with universities, research institutions, NGOs and private foundations of other countries, representing interests of Ukrainian education and science in international relationships according to the established procedure.
- Signing and implementation of international agreements on cooperation in the field of education and science, training, retraining and advanced training of foreign citizens in educational establishments of Ukraine.
- Coordination of work on preparation of specialists for Ukraine and foreign countries.
- Coordination of international activities of chairs and other units of the University.
- Development and implementation of international projects.
- Promotion of programmes for international exchange of teachers, researchers, postgraduate students and students.
- Information and consultancy services.
- Exchange of delegations.
- Registration of travel documents.
- Organization of summer language courses.
- Organization of student’s summer practice abroad.
- Performing other tasks related to international activities.
Strengthening international cooperation is a priority for the University, as countries, with which we cooperate, have already passed or are going through the path of development. In addition, the University has enough of its own experience to share it with international counterparts. Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University not only learns from Europe but also cherishes cultural heritage of ancestors while creating new cultural heritage.
Proclamation of Ukraine’s independence opened great opportunities for the University in the field of international cooperation. University became a member of many international associations, and in particular, was one of the first to sign the Magna Charta of European universities (Magna Charta Universitatum) in Bologna, Italy, thus joining the Bologna process. The University adheres to the fundamental principles formulated in the University Charter «Magna Charta Universitatum». The core of the Bologna process is the belief that in an era of globalization one should aspire to maximize compatibility of higher education systems, while “… Each university should ensure keeping freedoms and conditions of their students under which they can achieve their goals in culture and education”. Therefore, following the principles of the Bologna Process, the University aims to:
- apply modern methods in the educational process,
- develop and improve curricula,
- promote advanced trainings for teachers,
- attract foreign experts to the learning process, introducing internship and training programmes abroad for listeners, students, teachers, members of the administrative staff of the University,
- conduct researches in various fields of education and science, including joint projects with foreign universities and organizations,
- hold international conferences, seminars, summer schools, etc.,
- implement European quality standards of higher and postgraduate education,
- promote library resources and information technology development through international programmes of technical assistance.