Regulations on the prevention and detection of academic dishonesty
Working commission for the prevention and detection of academic plagiarism in the scientific works of university employees and applicants for higher education
According to the recommendation of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the University has entered into an agreement with the company “Antiplagiat” to identify signs of plagiarism in scientific and academic works of higher education applicants.
Within the framework of the agreement, it is provided:
- free verification of dissertations for 7 years;
- free verification of scientific publications in university publications for one year;
- Moodle using the Unicheck module.
Plagiarism detection system in academic texts for universities
What is Unicheck?
Unicheck is a plagiarism checking service created by Ukrainian developers in 2014. It can be used as a standalone online program, as well as integrated with learning systems (LMS-Learning Management Systems, such as Moodle, Canvas, Sakai, Blackboard… used by universities, academies, etc.
What can Unicheck do?
- Provide access to any number of university teachers for simultaneous and parallel work with the service;
- Provides a convenient and easy user interface to work in several languages;
- Quickly checks papers for signs of plagiarism in various ways, comparing them with online sources in real time; all the papers that have already been uploaded to their accounts by teachers, among themselves and in the educational institution’s own database;
- Generates an informative report on the verification of texts in various formats (PDF, DOC, DOCX, ODT, RTF, TXT, HTML, ZIP); Provide the ability to simultaneously check up to 100 works via the Internet and up to 35 works through the internal database from one account!
- Provides the ability to view the document and work with it in the system without changing its formatting;
- Convenient work and storage of files in the system and the ability to download them;
- Finds text matches in works written in Ukrainian, English, German, Spanish and other languages;
- Highlights all text matches by color and provides a list of links to original sources that can be viewed using the system in a user-friendly interface;
- Allows you to independently adjust the plagiarism search parameters;
- Finds and allows you to remove correctly cited sentences and a list of references;
- Provides an opportunity to form a database of works both in the system and it is possible to connect the service to the internal database of the university;
- Automatic determination of the replacement of characters and letters in the text, as well as the reverse automatic substitution of the correct ones in the text and search for plagiarism;
- Possibility of remote work with students;
- Provides an opportunity for teachers to comment on students’ work.
More information can be found on the website of the Ministry.